Blackout 505 rally at Padang Merbok, Kuala Lumpur, postponed to June 22
PKR strategy director Rafizi Ramli
PKR strategy director Rafizi Ramli

PETALING JAYA, June 10 — The Blackout 505 rally which was supposed to be held at Padang Merbok this Saturday has been postponed to June 22.

PKR strategic director Rafizi Ramli said the decision was made after taking into consideration the appeals made by the event’s organisers.

The move comes just after City Hall said the field was booked for another event this Saturday and Federal Territories Minister Datuk Seri Tengku Adnan Tengku Mansor sayig the field was unsuitable for the rally.

“I am taking into consideration the appeals made by parties who had already planned programmes at Padang Merbok on June 15.

“After discussing with the Dang Wangi police headquarters the organisers have decided to change the date of the Black 505 peaceful rally to the next weekend, that is on June 22, and it will start at noon,” Rafizi told a press conference at PKR’s headquarters here.

The Pandan MP revealed that a notice for the rally had already been submitted to DBKL last Friday, The Malaysian Insider revealed.

Rafizi said City Hall had confirmed with the rally organisers that no other event will take place there on June 22.

“So there is no excuse for DBKL and the Federal Territories Minister to play politics and delay our application.

“I would like to remind the Minister that a big majority of Federal Territories residents are with Pakatan Rakyat and he must respect the wishes of the residents to hold a peaceful rally at Padang Merbok which belongs to the people,” he said.

Rafizi stressed that the decision to hold the protest next week is “final”.


 

FOLLOW US

  • EMAIL ALERT

  • MOST READ

     


     

     
    http://news.abnxcess.com/wp-content/themes/abnnews